The electric Unihoist Transporter bath hoist is a fixed floor hoist finished in a sturdy, hard-wearing white nylon coating. This hoist also features a demountable seat frame, so the seat can be detached from the hoist and used to move patients from wherever they are to the bathroom quickly and safely.
This hoist is ideal for those who are unsteady on their feet or are completely immobile, as it offers an all in one transportation solution, which is perfect for both patient and carer.
Considerations when choosing a bath hoist
This bath hoist is to help a person with limited mobility have a bath. NB the user will need the assistance of a second person/carer to use the bath hoist.
This type of bath hoist can be used with most standard domestic bath tubs.
- If you want the bath lift to sit behind the bath/behind your head choose the End Arm Bath lift
- If you want the bath lift to sit at the side of the bath choose Side Arm Bath lift
- NB Bath hoist is ambidextrous so fits on either side of the bath.
- If your floor is a wooden floor, the floor will need to be strengthened prior to fitting the Bath Hoist fitted (fixing kit supplied) These remedial works would need to be completed by a local builder.
- If concrete floor the hoist will need to be fixed with large concrete floor fittings(supplied), consider thickness of concrete and be aware of damaging heated floors
Choose either manual or battery operated/electric lifter
- NB electric bath hoist has batteries recharged outside bathroom and supplied with low voltage charger.
- Choose standard chair for best value
- Commode chair can assist with toileting
- Or the transporter chair used to transfer immobile person on the chair from bedroom to bathroom
Consider a service contract although these bath lifts are very strong and robust.
For care homes make sure the bath lift is LOLER tested by a reputable company. Care Outlet UK can provide this service and installation if required.( excluding works to the floor.